The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Healthy & Fun Living= DANCING!

Howdy!!

Today I am going to share a fun activity to do to keep in shape and healthy! Now that's what I call killing 2 birds with one stone... (okok sorry. no animal casualties please....)

THAT activity is : DANCING!

Check me out dancing in this video:


I'm on the extreme left with that super long t-shirt hanging out behind my back.
It's hiphop by the way....



Im the one wearing turquoise!!

Come, here are some fast facts on dancing

IT helps to:
* Tone your muscles ( I have muscles on my arms but I think this is contributed by lugging around my crazy big bag for work)
* Improve your flexibility (yes I think I React faster now )
* Make your heart stronger
* Make your lungs work better.

You can burn up to 200 calories in just 10 minutes for moderate rate of dancing!!

Some key things to keep in mind, do wear proper shoes and attire easy for stretching during dance.
Make sure you are properly warmed up before you start jiggling around so as not to tear any tendons/muscles! (Don't worry this is not prone to happen on an often basis. But it is a possibility and we want to make sure we enjoy our dance ya?)

Check out this awesome dance studio:
www.recognizestudios.com

The people there are awesome nice and friendly and it really does make you feel at home. Well at least for me :D

till then!

No comments: