The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wedding Photoshoot: Yachting at One degree 15 by White Sails in Sentosa


Up on an early morning and off to a day of yachting adventure for a couple shoot with Lumiere photography and White Sails (1 Degree 15-Sentosa).
view more pictures at: www.facebook.com/artsy.gerra

I was excited as it was my first time on a yacht in Singapore, (my first yacht experience was when I went to Hongkong) and was pretty curious to see the yacht's interior and experience the life as (what many people would consider) the "upper society" class. Hooray!

The charter was for 4 hours. Though it's not considered expensive but I wouldn't label this as an activity like: going shopping in town on a whim; as a sort of activity whenever we feel like it. I was just going to fully enjoy being on one FREE OF CHARGE. Hahahhahaha

Surprisingly, the waters are clear here and you can see FISHES! I was AMAZED!!!!!!!!


A pretty pic of Angeline before we board. :)

Before the yacht set sail, it was bobbing crazily at the dock. We were all busy loading and setting up our equipment without paying much attention to the crazy swaying until much later. 

As I did not have a proper breakfast, my gastric juice was swishing around in my stomach and I was starting to get EXTREMELY whoozy and nauseated. 

I would say I'm not prone to seasickness that easily but for this, it proved too much for me to bear. ARGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I desperately tried to swallow mouthfuls of water, trying to hydrate myself thinking maybe it was due to the hot weather. Snacking periodically to ease the rumbling of my stomach. 

Finally I couldn't take it anymore and went to biggest bed inside the cabin and tried to sleep the nausea away till we docked at the island. 

My Unglamourous Pic:




Unfortunately, the poor photographer puked and he had to shoot. Poor Dan.

The unglamourous Photographer:

By this time, we had already docked on this island called:
St Lazarius. (not even sure if I got the spelling right?) 

And another boo-boo phtographer who had his socks screwed up. At least it's still the same colour tone...




Anyway this island is part of the St John' island in Singapore, secluded and un-developed. Basically you could skinny-dip in the waters and nobody would know. (except your friends of course! Coming alone would be way TOO CREEPY!) But the waters are clear and very nice!


St Lazarius in a snap


Look of the day: Waterfall braids and wedding makeup
Shot on a yacht at: One degree 15, Sentosa by White Sails. 



While on the yacht, Angeline and her beau, Joey, had to strike poses and I thought they looked kinda awkward and funny but still cute. Look at their strained necks!!! I never thought taking pictures were easy anyway.....





I shamelessly camwhored too! Couldn't couldn't resist..... 
Shameless


Candid Shot of Joey trying to do a jump shot and me failing terribly trying to capture it
Erm.


Well it sure looks like this girl is enjoying herself too! 


Our man Shao looking good here!




While on the beach......
My heart goes AwwwwwwWWwwwwww.......



It was a crazy hot day and my feet were burning. We quickly finished up on this island and proceeded to continue with Joey taking a jumping shot off the yacht and then it's back to Singapore. 

So the boys, Shao and Dan, set off on a dinghy, which they reminded me of Tom Hanks in the movie: Cast Away. HAhah


So, Finally it's a wrap ending with a nice hearty beer and lunch at Harry's bar. 

To top it all off, I had ugly tan lines. ARgh!!!!! I hate it. 

Love,
G




No comments: