The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Monday, January 16, 2012

My Awesome Step over into 2012

I admit. Im a procrastinator For I am only Human. And A very Flawed one indeed.

Thus 'The' New Year Resolution of 2012. To Start My Blog entry With :
How I Transited over to 2012 With a Bang.

~~~Virgin Surf Trip In Cherating Malaysia with a bunch of piggy doggy friends! as the chinese saying goes:
猪朋狗友~~~

It was the Most Awesome New year ever!!! Very likely cos its not spent in Singapore doing sticky yucky boring countdowns..

Anyway Surfing is highly recommended for the mind, body and soul.

Mind being ---Peace and tranquility just sitting on your surf board, staring out to sea and watching the waves with no fear of drowning cos the board floats.
Secondly, water level is just up to waist level!

Body being---You get a great tan albeit abit too wrinkled and shrivelly....

Soul being--- Smack in the face of nature. Away from the mundane, the rat race and the nonsensical.


Soooo, Introducing the gang with a bang *Drum Roll*

From left: Sebastian (Mini, cos of his tinny eyes not seen here), Zanne, Moi, & Stanley (Fire cos There's fire in his eyes, not seen here either)

I wonder what's with eyes nowadays.

Off WE go in the wee hours of the morning for the drive up to Cherating! Yahoooo!!

Some cheesy pics we took along the way
I was caught on candid camera snoozing. Im only thankful my mouth was closed and I wasn't drooling. Thanks to Mini for sure!



I was trying to prove that Fire is not a cm taller than 169cm.... heh heh heh


Mini is tall. I am jealous.

FInally!!

 The Beach!!


 We were really really nervous for our surf adventure. We aren't good swimmers. AT ALL


Adding on to the already nervous tension. I have no idea what he was trying to do at that time. hahhah
We were supposed to be watching a safety video on surfing.
As you can see, I look really really nervous.


The boards are really heavy!!!


Our Awesome instructor!

Here WE are coming!


Fire got soo Good He managed to surf 3 boards at one go. *kowtow*


That's me! :D I managed to actually surf! Im on cloud 9

 How we were actually taught to surf is that, the instructor first told us to try out the board on the sand to determine which stance we will be using i.e right /left foot in front. Goofy vs Natural stance.

And off we go dragging our boards like canines into the water! Macho comes with us.

Further and further we go and then we were taught how to watch the waves.
So when the right one is coming along, WE jump onto our boards quickly and paddle towards shore as fast we can. Macho then helps us along by giving us a strong push, so when the wave breaks and crashes against our boards, there is a force great enough for us to stand up and balance and surf the wave!!!

WE did this for 4 hours straight.
Freaking great experience. I was dying from the cramps in my muscles. But Still I clung on, to my board.
At the end of it all, I got horrible abrasions on my elbows, knees and toes.
*Plus, I got whacked on the chin by the board on the 2nd day of surfing. It made me see double + stars. Cut inner cheek and swollen chin. WTH.

These captions were not untrue....


Surrealism


Fire, being cheesy, stuffed a pack of clothes into his suit cause our hands were all busy carrying our boards.
So, to entertain our sick appetite for ugly pictures, he gamely posed this for us.
It was hilarious!!!


Fire is very upset the board is weighing 'his already not so impressive' height down.

The snacks and booze we brought. Thanks to the thief like escapade of removing them from Fire's dad's humble abode....... (the booze ---> the Macallen + 2 bottles of Red wine)



We stopped him by flailing our arms desperately from the open car window....


We are happy with our Icees :D


At this moment, we were discussing something really serious here. Trying to enlighten Fire how tampons work. And If The tampon will work for me when I go in the water to surf?!!! Hell!!!


After we have come to a conclusion and I was satisfied and convinced, We say cheese for the camera.

Happy Three Friends.


And so, More cheesy nonsense from Mini.
This is only one part.


I just don't understand why they like to take pics of people snoozing....


By this time, we were mostly high & tipsy with the exception of Mini. Cause he is a damn good drinker. Poor him. We played silly games that got us roaring with lots of crazy laughter. Laughter is the best medicine. WEll, at least for me.


A good example of the pic here. The challenge to stay unblurred while the cammie snaps in succession..
Loser Drinks!
FYI, Fire happens to be the weakest link in the night's games. Hilarious to the max. And have you tried to play charades with a very tipsy person ??? LOL

You gotta try it to love it!

Besides, we loved the whole experience so much that we are probably going to organise another trip !!! Yippee!!!

One Life. Live it.

To Surf with Love,
Gerra :)

No comments: