The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reflections

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
A wise man once said this,
"You can never go back in time to make a brand new start but you can always make a brand new ending starting from now".

I came across this particular quote from a website and it just struck me on the true meaning of the verse.

We don't have the ability to choose the surroundings or family in which we grew up in, but we can definitely make better choices in our lives so we won't have regrets....

Many people, at the age of 50/60/70 or so always tink: [wat if] when I was younger and I chose to do this or that, I WOULD HAVE been a _______ or I might have gotten my dream car etc etc.

Or worse still:
This! cannot be done! Or else, I would have done so long ago..(*note: when probed, they will say they have never tried doing it before, just "felt" that it cannot be done) and normally, they are the uncles/aunties who sit, propping their leg up on the chair in the coffeeshop, digging their noses and drinking beer, complaining about injustifications done to them.

Familiar right?

Whereas for the pessimistic, when faced with problems, they sit by, doing nothing, allowing the calamity to befall them, without fail, saying: "no choice what. life still has to go on...."
And when you give them a solution to get out of this shit, they tell you: Im already stuck here, how else do you want me to move??!!

Sometimes I ask myself: what is actually wrong here??

It is really disturbing sometimes...

But then I learnt:
There are only 2 types of businesses.

1) My business

&

2) Mind my own business

That is, only to give advice and suggestions when asked. Otherwise, let people live their own lives and make their own decisions and mistakes.

*Note: This does not mean I don't care for my friends or family.
But it sure doesn't help for me to be living in their lives instead of my own.

Don't we always are guilty of getting carried away by other people's drama or emotions making ourselves upset when we don't get what we want?

It is never easy, but often times I believe it is possible by giving myself gentle reminders, for I am still learning too. :)

Lastly, Not forgetting this very strong and meaningful phrase taught to me by someone wise:
The day you stop learning is the day you stop earning and The day you think you have learned enough is the start of your downfall...
(YOOHOO!!! Especially for those ego driven people out there!! * WAVES!!)

I have a friend, who told me this funny scenario: people always like to think negative in the right times and think positive in the bad times...

Hahha
E.g When the shares market or economic market is doing badly, people wil think: Aiyo, don't think it'll be that bad la. Government says everything will be ok...don't worry... and then they start to pray.
So when finally, the market crashes, you will then read up alot on people jumping off tall buildings in the papers...

And when economic progress is looking good, people worry still, that it's too good to be true and they start doing funny things like short changing themselves and making impulsive decisions, living in self denial, thus again leading to their downfall.. AGAIN.

Yes... Ironic isn't it??

Have a great *HUMP day everyone!!!

*Wednesday is Hump day according to this friend of mine.
Just cause it's mid week and after we cross the bump, TGIF comes and its "Weeeeee" down the slope, all the way! :D


Smoochies & Kissies,
Gerra

No comments: