The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hair style for Photoshoot: Retro Mod

Recently did the hair for a model for a photoshoot and the theme was "Retro"

I don't know when exactly it started; I realized nowadays my dressing is more Mod (I think prints make fashion so much more interesting), but mainly my taste for furniture is changing towards this old style flavour (Especially DISTRESSED furniture English style)!!

And besides, 'Mod' IS the trend NOW!

So when I saw that the background of the photos had old type writers, furniture and cool poster boards, I was really tempted to go check out this supposedly abandoned place, and take some of those props home for my new home decors! :p (steal?) Hahahhhaha.

In the end, I didn't. I thought it would be creepy and the place would be hard to find, according to the photographer. Besides, I have been watching horror films and I wouldn't want abandoned old stuff to have strange energies coming out!! ARGHHHH??!!!

Like: CAN YOU imagine going home with the creeps everyday?!!!!!

Well here are the pictures! Makeup done by a fellow friend.
 (www.facebook.com/artsy.gerra)



Check out the old typewriters and table in this picture above!!!!! *excited





Model in Hounds-tooth printed dress

This is my favourite shot I love her sunnies :) And THIS IS THE GATE DESIGN I'll be using for my new home!!!



Love,
Gerra




No comments: