The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Antalis Fashion Show

The Paper of all paper shows is here!!!

This one is for fashion! You never knew you can do SUCH artsy stuff with paper! It is not merely something for you to write on, or blow your mucus on or wipe your ass with.... (By that I mean tissue and toilet paper....)

Paper can be made into................................................................

DRESSES!!!! ACCESSORIES!!!!!! & HEAD PIECES!!!!!

Antalis is the sponsor for the paper. A german origin paper company that produces top quality, beautiful papers. Will show pics of samples later.

The show spanned over the course of 3 days.


When I first saw the different pieces of dresses half done at the 1st fitting, I was amazed! Indeed master pieces are always crafted painstakingly by hand.


My friend is the designer for the dresses. -Nicola

This is a major show for her and she called me to be the hair and makeup coordinator for this event!

A great opportunity I would say and I drew up face charts to go with the 5 different outfits.

Check it out! Check it out!


My master pieces:








I know the drawings may look weird to some of you but this is the SOP for makeup charting. AND if some of you think the makeup look weird, PLEASE just speak to my hand!

In my opinion, avante garde fashion should have avant garde hair and makeup for it to be complete.


Now the dresses:





My favourite model with The Prism dress and matchy shoes




My favourite dress:
The Origami dress






The Circle dress with matchy shoes






The Gold dress with matchy shoes



The Bridal dress; with the humongous veil



Seriously, the veil is freaking hard to attach and because it's soo heavy and we kinda worry for the model's scalp...

Thank God it didn't fall off during all 3 days of the show.

PHEW!!!

After wearing the dresses, the models cannot go to the toilet nor sit down nor make big movements.

Well well well, the sacrifices one makes for the noble causes of ART.









Me and partner Christina who helped me complete all models smoothly.


We totally had fun and Antalis had also set up a huge paper booth showcasing the different sculptures made by different designers from their paper.

Check them out:

(I apologise for the poor resolution of the pics.)



White




Monster




Skin Tape




Untitled




Curious Translucent




Sagittarius




Dear Alice




Wound




Paper tray




I dream of Summer




Waves




Ultimate white

PLUS!

The flower origami I hand made meself!!! I learnt it by donating $2 to the world of wildlife fund.

*super proud*!



TADAH!




Lastly to camwhore with my origami flower.... :D do I look like 花痴?

HAHAHHAHA!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

我來湊熱鬧的~~^^ 要平安快樂哦..................................................

Anonymous said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。............................................................

Anonymous said...

說「吃虧就是便宜的人」,多半不是吃虧的人。......................................................................

孫邦柔 said...

It is never too late to learn.......................................................................

Anonymous said...

到處逛逛~~來繞繞留個言囉~~~~..................................................