The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Monday, December 7, 2009

Mandom Cozycot workshop on Hair and Makeup

Finally the much awaited workshop held on 5th Dec 09 is over with a success with good reviews for me and Mandom!

Me and partner:


Goofy me is actually kinda nervous.....


Check out review:




I was honoured to be the speaker for this workshop, to guide 20 ladies (specially selected) in the working industry to look groomed and chic for their everyday routine!
And the Mandom personnel, Kelly and Yun Wen were so fun loving. IT was great fun when we were discussing the layout of the workshop!!


Days before the workshop, I diligently prepared power point slides to further help in my explanations. Was actually feeling a bit 'kan cheong' because being the slightly anal perfectionist that I am, I was worried I'll screw things up. (Not that I don't know my stuff, just that shit happens you know?????)

On this important day I chose a black and white combi outfit and oxford heels. To look sleek and professional! (As in pic above)
Ahhh...... but looks are indeed very important to me. (No Im not shallow, just mindful) :D.


Too bad I didn't take any full length pics to show off my heels. Because on this day, a boy (cause he is younger than me) came to chat me up while I was waiting for Joey, my partner for the day.


His 1st pickline was, " Hi! I love YOUR HEELS and the way you look and I'll hit myself on the head if I don't come approach and get to know you." ......


HMMMmmmmmmmmm weird but interesting..... So that means I'm still 宝刀未老 la!! Can still manage to 'sort' some young punk...

It was a rainy day but luckily I think all the ladies turned up. It's great they are all so enthusiastic!

Mandom is sooo good to include full sized products in a goodie bag for us! Thank you Mandom!


In case some of you have no clue, Mandom- is a Japanese company, distributor for your ever famous :


Gatsby- wax; moving rubber

Lucidol L-Hair styling product range

Makeup products-shimmer shadows and lip plumping gloss!!!



Starting of the workshop... Stiff and upright posture.. Better not play a fool first.


Some Pics of me doing demo:


Ember







Yan fang


My helpful volunteers: Ember & Yan fang. I hope I get their spelling right.

After about ten minutes of intro and warmup, I started to loosen up and get a bit 'funnier'. At least I managed to make the ladies giggle a bit.

The 2 hours flew by pretty quickly and I was relieved that there were no glitches. With our help, most of the ladies managed to get the hair and makeup technique right somewhat.. :D

At least I made sure the basics were covered.


For the more complicated works! Just ring me! Hahahhahah
Gerra


No comments: