The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Friday, June 5, 2009

Eyelash Extensions

I've decided it is official!! I don't like anything extended! This time its eyelashes!
But I'm perfectly fine with fake stuff though i.e fake lashes and fake hair (wigs).

The 1st extension was hair. IT was a disaster. (read older post)


My Episode of eyelash extensions:

I was just supposed to accompany Yuan yuan to city plaza to do her hair extensions. She found this hair extension place at city plaza, Angel Xin, with good reviews by other girls and she wanted to go try it out.

*It can be bothersome having to wait a year or two to have long beautiful hair.

*She can't wait.


They had this promotion: Free lash extension worth $30 with $150 spent.

Yuan decided she'll stick to plain old mascara and so passed on this free service to excited me.
Well, this was my 1st time trying and I thought it would be great as I can reduce the hassle of sticking on and removing falsies.

I was told to lie on this very uncomfortable bed. By being uncomfortable means there is no comfortable spot that I could rest my head.. My neck felt strained and I had the feeling of a sprained neck.

I decided to not be fussy about it and assumed the process shouldn't take very long..

UNFORTUNATELY

Just a few minutes into the process, a shriek came from one of the girls," ahhhh!!!!! There's a mouse!!! A MOUSE!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!"

I was left alone, lying helplessly on the bed and I can't see shit.. (I was told not to open my eyes)
My only consolation was that, the mouse probably won't be able to climb up the bed... Can it??

It seemed pandemonium just broke out all round me.. Things were shoved loudly and stuff were being thrashed about.
Boy!! Were the girls' voices loud!! Super high pitched shrieks and it really got on my nerves.....

What could I do? Nothing. Just lying there praying my neck won't snap and hopefully for the saga to be over soon.. I was randomly asked,"Woah customer! You not scared of mouse ah? You really brave le!" (more shoving and screaming) I could only answer,"I can't see shit"


Blah blah.... BLAH....................

More whining and thrashing........

BLAH blah!!...................

I was most tempted to shove the mouse in her face... *evil*

In the end, the little mouse can't stand all the shrieking anymore and ran off to nice neighbour's place...???



Finally!!! My new lashies are done and they feel ultra stiff! ( I was more glad my neck didn't give way)

They look like this :

Extra dark and extra thick

I was told, it can last about a month if I'm extra careful..

Now the problems come..

1) When I wash my face, I can't clean the water off my face properly. The lashes are so stiff, it bends at an awkward angle and it feels prickly.
Often, the water would have gone into my eyes and it stings.

2) When I want to remove my makeup using the cotton pad, the cotton fibers cling onto the lashes.

3) When my eyelids get oily, I suspect it kinda melts the glue and drips into my eyes and it really stings like hell!!!! Tears just flow freely.. I can't just swipe it off cos I must take care not to destroy the lashes..

4) It only lasted 2 weeks, which I'm perfectly fine with it. But as you know, it's impossible for them to fall off evenly, so the right lashes start falling off more than the left.
Because it's intertwined together, I cannot just pull everything off. It hurts too!!! I must also protect my own lashes!

More just came off over the days. I thought I would be able to impress my boyfriend with this new 'plaything'. Fat chance.

It became ugly beyond words.. I was 'botak' on the right eye. Sticking on falsies made it look really unnatural cos 1 side is thicker than the other..... :(

I got fed up and decided to just try removing the ones on the left.

Disaster!!!

I got a 1mm 'botakness' off my real lashes!! I was upset.. I knew I was bound to lose some of my own but I didn't expect a lobang (hole). SOBZ!!

I suspect eyelashes are harder to grow as compared to your hair/eyebrows.
Bad mood the next few days...

Conclusion: NOT recommended!

No comments: