The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Monday, December 15, 2008

Playing with hair extensions








Rummaging in the drawer for goodies...



Orange hair to match my orange top! I LOVE THIS!!!
This is a clip in extension you can remove anytime anywhere.

Hair extensions in my opinion(those that last for months)....HORRIBLE

The last time I did try out hair extensions, I was eager to have long hair.
I went to city plaza to check out the price as from many reviews, many girls go over there to get CHEAP and beautiful extensions... Now, you don't need to go all the way there.
you can find in many places those china hair extensions shop in bugis, far east plaza etc...

**Curly ones are $2 per strand!! Damn! that was what I wanted. so it's kinda double the price from the straight ones at $0.50(bad quality hair) or $1(better quality) per strand.
Imagine the few miserable strands of hair make up one one single 'strand' glued together.. How many would I need?

There are 2 options for the extension. The clips kind or the braided kind. Braided ones are double the price! *horrified* but supposedly able to last up to 6 months... whereas for the clips, maximum 2 months and you've got to have it removed or else the hairs will tangle and it will be very hard to detangle.

I told her to try out $50 worth of fake curly hair..
Guess what? It only covered the bottom part of my nape area.. not even halfway through to the back of my head! so added another $30 worth of curly hairs to the outline at the sides.

Result? DISASTER

It was damn fake I tell you. The ends were ultra thin and too long. I thought, if I were to complete the whole head so the style would look more even, my head will be so heavy from all the clips and I don't think I'll be able to sleep at night. If I chose to get the braided ones, it'll cost me a bomb!! Totally out of budget.. I might as well grow out real hair!

They charge for removal of the hairs! Forget it!

I was extremely displeased. I went home and chopped half the length off myself! It was like cutting up money... SOBZ but I had to do that so it'll be more even and less fake.

The girl clipped the extension to my hair too tightly. My scalp hurts. Washing is a major problem. I feel unclean. Constant stress is on my scalp. I could only take it for 1 month.
It is not good to have such tension on the scalp. It causes traction hair loss.

My advice: I would buy a nice long curly wig or those DIY clip in extensions. It is a much better investment as you get to keep your 'hair' and use it when your mood fits.

Look how happy I am above!

No comments: