The Beauty Society

The Beauty Society
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou

Friday, December 12, 2008

Car Boot Flea

What happens when females buy too much of something?


We get together to sell stuff on the 8 days celebrity Car Boot Flea! (and one poor male having to drive us there and help to clear junk willingly.)

He fears having to bring the junk back more, which acts as a source of motivation for him.

It was an extremely HOT and sunny day and our skin were burning in the process...





Posing for the camera with the magazine...

Our wares... It just looks kinda 'junky' all over the place. The clothes rack was brought along by Jo, an experienced car boot flea-er no less! This is apparently her 2nd time but my virgin first!


Looking good posing as the basket girl?? Dropped my handphone in the process of posing! Sheesh!



Free redbull! so happy! WE were dying of thirst and hunger... and behaving quite aunty-ish; carrying umbrellas and fanning furiously, sitting down with our legs propped up.

Best aunty-ish stunt of the day: Having one Carl's Junior meal and having multiple free soft drinks refill to be shared among us just by using their cup!

We were touting and selling our wares!

100% auntie!


Amidst the throng of people, we found this!


A mini dog!


In fact, the owners wore pink too! Just like it!
We were actually quite worried that it will accidentally get trampled by the shoppers... Tsk tsk.. Dangerous..

And then we found this!


Say hi!

This is absolutely adorable! I always feel happy when I see animals. I ALMOST feel like I can communicate with them.. When I stroke their fur and say hi to them, I kinda expected them to say hi to me back! Just like Dr Dolittle perhaps??? I must be going bonkers...


See how fat it is? Snowy white fur.... HAving a good life eh?


At the end of the day, we had pretty good earnings (had enough cash to treat ourselves to MOS burger and more left over) but very bad sun burn!



Big patch of burned skin... really itchy man.


To end it all, I committed a terrible sin. I bought new stuff while clearing old junk!! One of it is this pair of gold heels that's supposed to be from a reputable brand NUE



I got no idea and have never heard of this brand but what the heck, it's cheap ($25)! IT's new and it's pretty looking!

The original price from boutiques was supposed to be over a hundred! But it was being sold here at the car boot flea by china people. As you know china people always have ways to get such good stuffs at a fraction of a price... AMAZING! Comes with original paper bag even...


It even looks good when I wear it with my PJs!

hahaha!!!

Girls will always be girls.....

No comments: